Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Proud Daughter (Melanie)


This is my mom

Profile Picture of Jill Boss

My mom does so much, as I’m sure most everyone feels about their moms. It’s amazing that my mom does all she does, plus even more. It’s kind of insane actually, I don’t know how she does it. She’s such a trooper!

First off, she’s a musician. She taught me how to play the piano, for which, I will always be grateful. I can express myself better by playing a piano solo than I ever could with words. Not only does she teach piano lessons, (and she’s not going to be happy I’m saying this) she tunes pianos. She’s got an incredible ear! And she writes music! She’s been writing music since she was a teenager, and it’s all incredible. Here are a couple of my favorites, and a link to her page. She has a lot more than this, but they're not up yet :(

Toe Dancing (Piano Solo)
Doesn't Want To Lose Me (Dan singing)
The Mime (Piano Solo)

She’s also incredibly creative. She makes everything. She was asked to do a Broadway background for a church function, and just look at this:

DIY Broadway theme stage - LOTS OF CARDBOARD! paint, and black duct tape - New York skyline, shimmery gold fabric, DIY street lamps, fake Christmas trees, moon, Broadway sign; scrim made out of multiple painter's cloths sewn together        DIY street lamps       DIY street lamp pieces

She did this out of cardboard, paint, tape, and touch lights.

She makes cards too! Here are some of my favorites:

Mother's Day Bouquet Card       Turquoise Hello Card       Purple Painted Rose Card

Map & Compass Points Card       Dad - Love Beyond Measure Card       Dad - Masculine Card

Pinwheel Card       Layered Hearts Card   


She also makes awesome cakes, and these are only two of the many she has made:

Converse shoe cake.
This one was for my 14th Birthday. I love Converse, and
I had a pair that were these colors. 

Cheese burger cake:  Bake a yellow cake dividing batter between a large round pyrex (oven safe) bowl for the top of the bun and the rest in a round pan for the bottom of the bun. Bake a chocolate cake in a square pan for the burger.  Decorate with canned vanilla frosting colored to desired colors.  Got many compliments.
This one I got to help her with. :D How fun is that huh?

She also takes care of the sometimes-insatiable-trouble-maker Kida (our dog),

Puppy plays in the mud.  Puppy gets a bath.
Here she is, playing in the mud, and then getting a bath. Oh Gees. 

And, when I’m in a bind (say, I have my entire apartment to pack up in three days while working full time at the same time), she’ll help me out ;)

I can’t even fathom how she does all of this! She has a heart condition that has decreased her energy and stamina significantly, and has required that she get a pacemaker in her early 40s. She does so much to help those around her and to lift everyone up. 

Basically, my mom is awesome. 

2 comments:

  1. Aw!! Thanks Mel. I think you are awesome too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete