Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Caroline Pre Wedding (Megan)

 I got to stay with Caroline's beautiful family was an adventure. Her little sisters were sweet hearts and so much fun to be around. But babysitting a whole bunch of kids for a while made me decide I never want to have 12 kids! More power to those who do.

On the left here is Caroline's youngest sister Christina getting ready for the wedding by putting on as much jewelry as she could find.
 I got to help create the bouquets for the bride, bridesmaids, and family of the two lovebirds. You can see the aftermath of the flower madness.


Here's a close up of one of the bouquets I made. I loved the colors and how fun flower arranging was. I had over complicated it in my mind when it's very simple. A few tips for people who want to try it


•Start with groups of three (flowers and filler)
•Don't be afraid to trust your instinct to make it look nice
•Check from different angles to make sure there are no gaps.
•Keep the stems extra long. You can cut them all to the right length later.  

Also in Oregon I got the first pedicure of my life. I've never felt so much like an evil dictator as when an asian woman scrubbed my dirty feet. I at least have comfort that she was getting paid, but in my opinion not enough. It felt amazing though, and I think I will repeat every time I am going crazy at a wedding. 

Featured here are Caroline's french tip and her little sister Suzanna's peach toes.

There's no avoiding the last minute detail that goes wrong at a wedding, but Caroline's certainly took me by surprise. Caroline and I were trying her wedding dress on the night before her wedding for last minute details. Making sure it fit right and which necklace worked better. 

I was standing behind her as she was checking in a mirror when I saw a fat spider about the size of a quarter sitting on the sleeve of her wedding dress. "Caroline. Don't move."She froze and I stood there stiff with panic. I couldn't flick or brush it off just in case it was too squishable. At that moment it took off running across Caroline's back towards her neck. I used the hanger in my hand to flick it off on to the wall and squished the bugger. I still get a shudder every time I think that
this gross spider smudge was almost on her dress.







No comments:

Post a Comment