Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Delicious Delights: Peanut Butter Cookies

It has been a couple weeks, hasn't it? A lot has happened! We've had General Conference and Easter, and I've been slacking on using my camera! I need to get back into it. Today, I want to talk about Peanut Butter Cookies. I love peanut butter. I would cry if I became allergic to it, because that would be sad. I'm very sorry for those of you who are allergic to anything, especially peanut butter.

Here's the recipe:

Peanut Butter Cookies:
5 C flour
2 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 C butter
3/4 C shortening
1 3/4 C sugar
1 3/4 C brown sugar
4 eggs
1 t vanilla
3/4 C PB

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet, or get out non-stick cookie sheet. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. in large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in PB. Add flour mixture and stir until well blended. Drop dough by tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Using fork dipped in flour, flatten each cookie slightly in a criss-cross pattern. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Do not over bake. 

I didn't take pictures of the whole process, it's pretty simple, and I forgot. Oops. My first batch in the oven were perfect. They were still a bit soft in the middle and we ate them fast! The second batch was in there a bit too long and they were really crunchy. They sat around in the Zip-Lock bag for a couple days until I discovered that they are divine dipped in milk! 


These are my beautiful peanut butter cookies (done a little bit too much). 

At work (I work at a bakery, as I've mentioned before), we put granulated peanuts in our peanut butter cookies, and we don't bother with the criss-cross pattern. I grew up putting the criss-cross pattern in the Peanut Butter Cookies, so that's what I do. 

If you have a different Peanut Butter Cookie recipe that you just love, please share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment