Monday, April 30, 2012

Adventures: Oregon! (Melanie)

It's been a couple weeks, and a lot has happened! Chad and I went to Oregon to see my family, and we had quite the adventures there!

Here are some pictures of things we saw on our way there:

I don't know if you can see it, it's really hard to tell
in the photos, but there are a butt-load of birds 
in this tree!!!


I also love taking pictures of landscapes/beautiful things,
so when I saw these clouds, I was just awestruck. I love
it when you can see the clouds in the sky, versus just on the sky.



Then we stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. It was so yummy!
We've been there before, so this time we got our favorites.
After the first round of Mango Habañero, nothing else was very spicy. 


Then the windmills and the tree farms started creeping up, 
and we knew we were in Oregon (not just from the "Welcome
to Oregon" sign...)


Then, of course, the inevitable rain.


Next, we helped Mom and Nick replace the sink in the kids' bathroom. Sadly, I didn't get a picture of Chad under the sink, but someone got one of me!

Here's Mom (and Chad's feet), showing us how it's done.

Then Nick, he fits the best under the sink.


And me...


Nick took pictures of me writing thank you notes from our wedding...
ouch...4 months late.


Here's a sneak peek at our Voodoo Doughnut excursion into Portland:


This is Kida, our dog. My family got her in the same trip when 
they dropped me off at college. She's a mini Aussie, adorable,
and she has the longest tongue of any you have ever seen. 



Then, on our way back:





Multinomah Falls, as we pass! If you've never been, you need
to go see it. It is magnificent and breathtaking, especially 
if you hike up to the bridge. 


That's all folks, enjoy the day, and I hope it's sunny where you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment