Saturday, June 23, 2012

Island Cupcakes--Pinterest! (Melanie)

So my brother-in-law's wife was throwing a luau graduation party for him, and asked me to make these Island Cupcakes! They were so fun! My little brother Nicholas helped me make them too. (He put the umbrellas on)

Island Cupcakes:
1 cake mix (and according ingredients)
24 cupcake liners
Blue Icing (I used Betty Crocker's blue in the tube)
White Icing (I used Betty Crocker white frosting in the can)
Graham cracker crumbs
24 Cocktail umbrellas

Make the cupcakes. While they are baking, crush up about a cup of graham crackers. You won't even need quite that much. I put a bunch of graham crackers in a gallon Zip-Lock bag and used a rolling pin to crush them. It's a lot faster than using your hands and it doesn't dirty your food processor. When the cupcakes are done, and completely cooled, spread a thin layer of white frosting over the whole top. Grab a plate and put the cupcake on it. This will save you from having to clean up a bunch of stray graham cracker crumbs and it will save you graham cracker crumbs. Sprinkle just over half the frosted cupcake top with graham cracker crumbs. Gently push on them so they stick. Tip the cupcake over and shake gently to remove any excess crumbs.


On these Betty Crocker tubes, it was impossible for me to cut the tip off, 
so I cut the corner off instead, and I cut little triangles to make it more like 
a frosting tip. 


Here's Nick, sticking the umbrella in. Final touches and....


Beautiful. :) 


You have Island Cupcakes!



No comments:

Post a Comment