Saturday, October 9, 2010

cleaning: questions and memories

Well, turns out i completely wore myself out yesterday, and i only got 5 hours of sleep. why is this do you ask? cleaning checks. oh joy. see, it wouldn't be so bad if we'd keep up on our chores, but with our already lack of sleep plus people's jobs plus school plus homework plus what we'd like to call a social life...chores are kinda at the bottom of the list. Why is that? Why does house cleaning always come in last in the list of priorities when looking at a group of people (aka people living together in college...roommates...including myself)? Is it because everyone thinks everyone else is going to do it? We ALL know that NO ONE else is going to do chores. I remember when i was little, on Saturday mornings my mom and i would clean...or rather, mom would clean and i would dance to the Enya or David Arkenstone (aka: 'The Castle CD') being played loud. So now, when i'm cleaning i absolutely love having all the windows open and listening to Enya loud! its the best feeling. cuz i love cleaning.

I'm an atmosphere junkie. I am always in search of the perfect atmosphere. like, sitting by the fire, having the popping sounds, being the perfect temperature, the perfect lighting, the perfect weather outside, and the perfect book, or person. Make sense? hmmm...

well...homework calls.

2 comments:

  1. I hate cleaning, but whenever i'm stressed it actually helps me unwind. so about 11 pm ever couple of weeks my room turns spotless. (geek) the reason your room gets messy is because it has a lower energy level in the messy state. as in it takes less energy to keep it that way. however if trying to do HW and have a messy room the entropy of the system can cause you to have trouble working. this has when the lack of organization has an effect and you get things clean so you can work better (/geek)
    I do so love not having cleaning checks :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, it bothers me when the living area is dirty...cuz i'm home all day and because i do my homework not in my bedroom. It has been said that it is harder for you to fall asleep in areas where you work.

    ReplyDelete