Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Art: The First (Megan)

My respect for all bloggers has suddenly shot through the roof. I had no idea how intimidating blogging could be. I've tried multiple times to post, but found myself staring at a blank page for longer than I care to admit.
To counter this intimidation I've decided to Blog in the area where I feel most comfortable–art!



 These were all on display for a while, and the two below are recent additions.


These were created by splatter painting with red and black paint on white paper and then cutting them to the desired form. I then mounted them on black matte and called it finished. I love playing with the negative space and strong contrast. If you are having a bad day I recommend splatter painting a blank page to your heart's content. It will make you feel better I promise!

Hopefully you'll be hearing more from me as overcome my blogging timidness.

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment